IBA - Art, Cultural Institutions and Heritage Law Publications, July 2018
LALIVE has an established practice advising banks, investment funds, insurance companies, securities dealers, asset managers and other financial institutions in Switzerland and around the world on all aspects of financial markets laws. The firm advises on regulatory matters including the acquisition of licences and anti-money laundering, capital market transactions, complex debt structuring and restructuring transactions and provides full litigation support in banking and finance matters.
LALIVE advises and represents individual and corporate investors regarding their dealings with banks and other financial services providers, including in contentious matters.
The firm has wide experience advising financial investment professionals in the offering of their services and placing foreign investment funds in Switzerland, especially with regards to Swiss pension funds.
Several LALIVE partners and counsel have held senior management positions in major Swiss and foreign banks, and therefore have comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about the specific legal issues and processes relevant to banking, finance and capital markets, as well as dealing with supervisory authorities.
- Representing the lenders under a multicurrency USD 2 billion facilities agreement granted to a German company having subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and other jurisdictions.
- Advising a major Russian industrial group in civil proceedings against a Geneva-based bank for mismanagement and retrocessions wrongly received by the bank with a claim valued at over EUR 130 million.
- Advising several individuals in compensation claims (estimated CHF 17 million) against various companies and financial institutions in relation to the Madoff debacle
- Advising a major South-East Asian banking group in relation to the establishment of a private banking subsidiary in Switzerland.
- Representing an Arab state in negotiation and in civil and criminal proceedings against a major investment bank for corruption and mismanagement of assets in the amount of over USD 1.4 billion.