FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - London
We looking for a Financial Controller to be based in London. As the sole Accounting specialist in our London office, this new role will form part of the international Accounting team and will report directly to the Head of Finance and Administration.
Key tasks will include:
• Managing all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P and GL, Cost Accounting, Interco, WIP, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Treasury management (cash receipts, bank movements, payment processing, trust and business accounts)
• Preparation of accounts for UK tax purposes
• Assisting with the closing and review of the auditor's accounts
• Reviewing and approving all firm and client account bank reconciliations for the UK LLP
• Overseeing and managing payroll for the UK LLP, ensuring taxes and benefits are properly reported
• Ensuring transactions are processed in accordance with UK Solicitor’s Accounts Rules
• Preparation of UK VAT returns prior to submission
• Maintaining balance sheet monthly reconciliation processes for the UK LLP
• Invoice control and validation
• Reviewing all manual journals prior to posting (accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, WIP adjustments) for the UK LLP
• Maintaining Partner current accounts and tax reserve reconciliations for the UK LLP
• Responding to accounting, tax, VAT, Solicitor’s Accounts Rules and other finance queries
• Managing the firm’s annual SRA and Statutory Accounts audits
• Working in conjunction with the firm’s Management team on the implementation and roll out of the firm’s replacement Practice Management System (Aderant Expert)
• Assistance, support and training to secretaries for invoicing
Reporting & Budgeting:
• Preparing the financial statements for the UK LLP, in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards
• Preparing monthly reporting and management accounts
• Monitoring time-recording, cash position, Aged WIP and Aged Receivables, taking action to ensure firm lock-up is minimised
• Maintaining cashflow forecasts for the UK LLP
• Preparing and presenting ad-hoc analysis to support decision making by Management and Partners, both for the UK LLP and firmwide
• Preparation of Partner Distribution Schedules and Statements
• In conjunction with the Head of Finance and Administration, preparing the annual budget for the firm
• Working with and reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration on other ad hoc reporting, analysis and budget requirements.
• Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years’ post qualified experience
• Experienced in operating financial processes in accordance with the UK Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
• Experience of working in an international, cross-border and multi-currency environment
• Excellent understanding of UK LLP accounting
• Strong understanding and experience of Practice Management Systems, in particular Aderant Expert.
• Proficient and experienced at analysing financial and operational data and preparing/communicating analysis to Management
• Excellent Excel skills and a strong understanding of accounting software principles
• Reliable and results-driven; autonomous and rigorous, with an outstanding attention to detail and a proven ability to assess and respond to priorities and meet deadlines
• Analytical, with sound judgment and logical decision-making skills; a hands-on approach and an ability thrive in a fast-paced international environment
• Strong sense of integrity and able to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
What we offer:
• A stimulating international environment in a top-performing, growing and ambitious firm
• Genuine opportunity to become involved in the financial management and regulation of the entire firm, not just the London office
• Potential for a discretionary performance-based bonus
• Competitive salary.
If you are interested in the opportunity to further and develop your career with us, please send your application documents (CV and cover letter) to Laura Juillet, Head of HR (email@example.com). Only direct applications will be considered.